Sugar Babies Molasses Cookies

Recently I stopped in to visit my sister while I was in Kingston and I knew that I wanted to take a special treat to her. With the weather still being on the chilly side, I wanted to make her a chewy, spicy cookie that would be sure to warm her up on her last few weeks of university. These chewy molasses cookies were perfect because of one little ingredient that made them so much better...

Sugar Babies!

I love these candies and often pick up a box while I'm in the United States. I found this recipe on the Sugar Babies website and it turned out really good. They were a little more crunchy than chewy, so when I make these again, I'm going to lower the baking time.

What you'll need:
3 cups Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1/2 tsp Salt
1 1/2 tsp Ground Cinnamon
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cloves
1/2 tsp Ground Nutmeg
1/2 tsp Ground Allspice
1 stick (4 oz) Butter, room temperature
3/4 cup Brown Sugar
1/4 cup Sugar
1 Egg
1/2 cup Molasses
1 tbsp Corn Syrup
5 bags of Sugar Babies (1.7 oz bags)
1/2 cup Sugar for garnish

Preheat oven to 375° and spray a cookie sheet with nonstick spray.

In a small bowl combine flour, baking soda and spices. Set aside.

In a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar and brown sugar. Beat in egg, molasses and corn syrup until smooth.

Add the dry ingredients to the wet ones and mix thoroughly.

Fold in the Sugar Babies.


Roll 1-inch balls of cookie dough in hands and place on the prepared cookie sheet, setting them 2 inches apart.

Place 1/2 cup of sugar in a small dish. Wet the bottom of a drinking glass. Dip the bottom of the glass into the sugar.

Use the sugar coated glass to flatten the cookies. Dip the glass in the sugar again after flattening each cookie. Cookies should be about 1/2 inch thick.

Bake for 10-12 minutes. Don't be surprised if your Sugar Babies melt like mine did on the pan. Cool for 5 minutes before removing from cookie sheet. Next time I might line the baking sheet with parchment to make the clean up easier afterwards.

The best bites are the ones that have the chewy Sugar Babies in them. Yum!

This recipe makes about 24 large cookies.

Printable Version

Sugar Babies Molasses Cookies Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment