Preparing for vacation - 19 days left

We are absolutely terrified with the amount of hours our trip from Denver to Brasil will take: 18 hours. One of the biggest negative points of living in Denver is that, being in the absolute west does not help anyone with any travel (unless you are going to California, Hawaii or Japan). 

In our case, any trips to Europe or Brasil just increased an incredible amount of travel time. In order to go to Brasil, our best option is to travel to Houston and then follow to São Paulo. There are no direct flights to most places. But, going to Houston is not an option, when you are flying using your miles. Since the airlines insist that the best use for your loyalty is to send you the worst and longest way possible to your destination (oh, the price of loyalty...) hour total flying time is 18 hours. 

My boyfriend will leave early in the morning and fly to Washington, D.C. and wait for me there. I'm going to work and in the end of the afternoon I'll fly to Dulles and meet him. I have less than 40 minutes layover and than we will follow to São Paulo. Another 9 - 10 hours inside the plane. 

So, besides bringing our laptops with hours of TV and movies previously downloaded into them, we both chose a new book and want to read and are bringing it along. 

His choice was The Social Animal from David Brooks. I could not read a serious book in such a long trip. I'll be cranky and bored, so I chose Tina Fey's Bossypants and Chelsea Handler's Are You There Vodka? It's me, Chelsea - I'll probably be drinking vodka to make things easier, so I thought this was very appropriate. :)




And, if you think this sounds like an nightmare, it gets worse: on our way back home, we will fly São Paulo --> Houston --> Colorado Springs (where my boyfriend has a 3 hour layover) --> Denver. 

Tomou? :)

Preparing for vacation - 19 days left Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment