Italian Inspiration

I happened to be shopping at J.Crew over the weekend.  (What else is new right?)  While flipping through the new catalog I came across Part III of their Made in Italy series.  It was especially interesting because it dealt with their trip to Ratti and Canepa mills in Como, Italy and perfect timing since I had just posted about textile designer Sonia Delauney.  There used to be many mills in Italy but much production has moved to China so it's comforting to know that J.Crew is supporting these old Italian mills.  I especially loved their look into the archives at Canepa and the artisans painting the prints at Ratti.  I highly recommend watching the accompanying video.  I'm off to figure out how I can get myself invited on the next trip! Ciao!











Italian Inspiration Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment