Travel Journal: Sunset Beach

This is my last post about my trip to Florida and I'm already getting all teary missing it. Oh how lovely it would be to live on a beach all the time, but that just isn't reality for me (yet). I really loved the beach culture and seeing how the community and tourists all came together to use it.

One of the events that we popped by to see was the weekly drum circle that happens on Siesta Key Beach an hour before sunset on every Sunday.

People from far and wide bring their drums and other instruments to jam together.

Everyone was really getting into it. If they weren't watching, then they were participating.

My favorite dancer was this woman and a little girl who came up to her. The little girl just looked so free and happy, like she didn't have a care in the world except for listening to the music.

I wish I could let go and be that free sometimes. Kids really do have it lucky!

The woman would do these incredible spins and the little girl would try with all her might to mimic them.

The beat continued on and another group came into the center...

This time it was an older man dancing with a graceful and exotic young woman.

He dipped and jived, while she swayed and floated across the sand. It was mesmerizing.

After a while, my sister, brother and I decided to bike further down the beach to a more secluded area where we could watch the sunset.

It turns out that the sun takes quite a lot longer to set than we had anticipated. We took the time to create silly creative sun pictures. Here is my sister trying to toss it to my brother who is an expert suncatcher?

Working together to hold it up a little while longer.

Eventually we gave up and decided to do some yoga instead. I would love it if my daily routine included yoga on the beach at sunset.

What a great way to end another wonderful day in paradise.

Youngest. Middle. Oldest.
Three of a kind.


Thus concludes my vacation to Florida. As soon as we started driving back home I was missing it already. There is just something about all the great weather on a sunny beach that rejuvenates your spirit. Coming back to the grey dreary cold of Toronto still immersed in winter was depressing, but I know that its only a few short months before we'll start to see our own wonderful warm weather emerge.

Travel Journal: Sunset Beach Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment