Legging It

What has more legs than a convention of Centipedes?

 All the little tables at That Old House.
Among the (many) things I can't resist in thrift shops or on eBay or Craigslist are little tables.

They're just so danged cute, and useful.
Which is pretty much what we all aspire to be, isn't it?  Cute and useful?

  ******************************************************
Since moving to this house three years ago, and having more space to fill, I've been busily filling it with oddball orphaned tables.
Sometimes (sometimes?) I go for too much of a good thing.  Witness this:
Some are now at daughter Annie's.  Some still here.  Luckily none is still piled in the front hall.

I don't know which I love more -- chairs, or little tables.
 Last weekend, when Howard and I picked up some shield back chairs we got for a song on eBay, we also took home a couple of -- surprise! -- tables.  This one set me back $1.75.   It's no great, heart-stopping beauty, but all dolled up in a new suit of paint, and with a different drawer pull, it will work beautifully in someone's living room or bedroom.

 This little nightstand, below, was terribly expensive.  $3.25.  I was feeling extravagant.
It, too, needs some TLC and some spiffy new paint.
 It's got some nice features.
I hope Annie doesn't spot it, as, painted cream, it would go nicely with the little
Swedish-style settee she stole took from the house after Christmas:

Speaking of cream paint, that's the destiny of the table on the left in this picture.
The table on the right is going to end up black.
That just seems right to me.  Mr. Dion DiPoochy agrees.
He also agrees that two demilune tables in one dining room corner is one demilune table too many.

And speaking of paint in general, now that I've recovered from the trauma
of painting the kitchen and its cabinets back before Thanksgiving,
and can bear to pick up a brush again,
I will break out my black and cream paints -- but don't be surprised
if you see some pieces done in these colors:

 Vintage furniture gone wild.
 *******************************************
This morning, while taking Mr. Dion for a quick stroll, I snapped a picture
of our big Forsythia bush.  It's beginning to glow with a golden haze.

Because in just about one month, it's going to look like this:
And won't that be sweet?

What signs of spring are teasing you in your garden?


Happy March 4th.  

And a Happy 5-month "birthday" to my adorable great-nephews, Calvin and Luke.


Are they just the darlingest babies, or what?  Yes, they are! --- Cass 

Link parties for Friday!
At My Romantic Home, it's Show and Tell Friday.  Click here!
Miss Mustard Seed is hosting Furniture Friday.  Click here!
Feathered Nest Friday can be found at French Country Cottage Click here!
And Tootsie Time brings us Fertilizer Friday.  Click . . . here!





Legging It Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment