Oh What A Night

The dresses. The films. The awkward hosts. There is just something about the Oscars that I look forward to every year.

To get ready for the evening, the boyfriend and I printed off ballot sheets to vote for our choices. Whoever lost owed the other one a post-workout back massage this week, which I was very pleased about because I already knew I was going to win. The odds were kind of in my favour anyways considering that I went to film school, work in the industry and had seen many of the film nominated. But he was a good sport and filled out a ballot card. In the end he scored 8 and I scored 12 out of the 24 awards presented last night. Not too shabby!

We also made a delicious dinner of Spinach and Feta Stuffed Pork Tenderloin (recipe up tomorrow), with his favorite Roasted Broccoli. He seriously could eat a whole baking sheet of the stuff if I would make it for him.

I have to admit that I wasn't crazy about Anne Hathaway and James Franco as the Oscar hosts. She was good, but nothing spectacular and he just seemed to be bored/stoned. However, I did like the opening clip that they did using all the films nominated for Best Picture. Here's a clip:


While I thoroughly enjoyed watching the show in my sweats at home, I was envious of all the gorgeous dresses worn last night. The glitz and glamour gets me everytime. I never get tired of seeing the wonderful creations that Halle Berry, Sandra Bullock, Reese Witherspoon, Hilary Swank and Gwyneth Paltrow wear.

Natalie Portman looked absolutely radiant in her fuchsia gown when she went up to accept her award for Best Actress. I thought it was so sweet when she thanked her parents for showing her "every day how to be a good human being by example" and her fiance for giving her the "most important role of my life".

I think one of my favorite newcomers to the red carpet was the young Hailee Steinfeld, who was nominated for Best Supporting Actress in True Grit. She looked cute, sweet and dressed appropriately for such a young actress, while still looking very fashionable.
After a long award show (they really do seem to go on forever!), we were absolutely wiped and hit the hay. Now we have a new list of films that we want to see, including The King's Speech. I wasn't too keen on it before, but after all the hype last night I'd love to see what its like.

Oh What A Night Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment