Spring Shapeup Week 5 - Muay Thai Boxing

Everyone hits plateaus and gets bored with their workouts. When I need to rev myself up again, I try to find something totally different that gets me out of my comfort zone. For awhile now I've wants to try some form of kickboxing or boxing, so last week when I was having a particularly stressful day I decided to head over and try a class. I was sure that all those punches and kicks would get all my frustrations out and I'd get a great (much needed) workout.

Source
 I've heard great things about the Toronto Kickboxing & Muay Thai Academy in downtown Toronto.The facility offers a range of class levels, as well as personal training. I of course started at the very beginners class, but there were some amazing athletes training while I was there and it was great motivation.

Source
I was worried that it would be a mostly male class, which can sometimes be intimidating, but I was surprised when I showed up and saw that the classes were made up of at least 50% women!




The hour and a half class really kicked my butt - in a good way. We did plenty of cardio drills at the beginning, followed by some ab exercises (that I was still feeling 4 days later!), then we were taught the movies. We teamed up and learned some of the more common punches and kicks, while our instructor went around and corrected us. It was great having an instructor who was so hands on and focused on helping everyone improve. To wrap up the class, they had us do crazy drills involving crab walking (with boxing gloves on), followed by punches, kicks and pushups. I knew that I was going to crash into bed the second that I got home. It felt great!

I love the way that the class challenged my body and mind. For days afterward I felt the effects. I'll definitely be trying these classes again!

If you're finding yourself in a workout rut, go out there and try something unlike anything else that you've done before. Take an acrobatics class at a circus school. Give a dance class a whirl. Maybe even a pole dancing class. Whatever it is, your body will be happy for a little change and, who knows, you might even have a little fun :)

Kickbutt Kickboxing Playlist

7. Jump - Kris Kross (Now this is a real throwback!)

Spring Shapeup Week 5 - Muay Thai Boxing Rating: 4.5 Diposkan Oleh: Unknown

0 komentar:

Post a Comment